Wednesday 20 December 2023

Ravenwing Outriders

 Next up for my Dark Angels are my first unit of Primaris Outriders.  These are the easy to build minis and were exactly that, as they assembled very easily.


Consistent with my heretical approach to painting I wanted them to have the iconic black power armour but with a green shoulder pad with the classic chapter symbol and the ravenwing decal on the right shoulder.


 




The black power armour colour scheme was achieved with the following colours commencing with grey dry brush over the black undercoat. The black speed paint was next and when dry, a few extra highlights were added using the grey. 

I was surprised how few were required using this approach as my shaky hands don’t make edge highlights easy. Make up brushes are my current weapon of choice for dry brushing.

I also wanted the bikes to be the classic “dark” green I have been using for my other Dark Angels. The armour starts with black and then a dark bone and white dry brush. Following the green speed paint I use the Vallejo greens to highlight the edges.


With some more outriders and an ATV in later issues of the imperium periodical, the Ravenwing will continue to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment