Monday 26 August 2024

Tournament report (brief)

 A couple of weekends ago I tried a new Dark Angels list at my first 10th edition tournament.

Spoiler : I lost three games but as this was a warm up event my plan was to get a feel for this list and what each unit can do without stressing about taking objectives:

My list:

++ Army Roster (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) [1,995pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size: 2. Strike Force (2000 Point limit)

Detachment: Inner Circle Task Force

+ Character +

Ancient in Terminator Armor [95pts]: Singular Will

. Storm Bolter and Melee Weapon: Power Fist

Apothecary [50pts]

Captain in Terminator Armour [110pts]: Champion of the Deathwing, Relic Weapon, Storm Bolter, Warlord

Chaplain in Terminator Armour [105pts]: Deathwing Assault, Storm Bolter

Librarian in Terminator Armour [85pts]: Eye of the Unseen

Lieutenant [65pts]

. Neo-volkite pistol, Master-crafted Power Sword & Storm Shield

Techmarine [55pts]

+ Battleline +

Assault Intercessor Squad [75pts]

. Assault Intercessor Sergeant: Astartes Chainsword, Heavy Bolt Pistol

. 4x Assault Intercessors: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol

Intercessor Squad [160pts]

. Intercessor Sergeant: Bolt Rifle, Close Combat Weapon

. 9x Intercessors: 9x Bolt Pistol, 9x Bolt Rifle, 9x Close Combat Weapon

+ Infantry +

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [180pts]

. Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant: Heavy Bolt Pistol

. 4x Bladeguard Veterans: 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 4x Master-crafted Power Weapon

Deathwing Terminator Squad [180pts]: Watcher in the Dark

. Deathwing Sergeant

. 3x Deathwing Terminator: 3x Power Fist, 3x Storm Bolter

. Deathwing Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Assault Cannon, Power Fist

Deathwing Terminator Squad [180pts]: Watcher in the Dark

. Deathwing Sergeant

. 2x Deathwing Terminator: 2x Power Fist, 2x Storm Bolter

. Deathwing Terminator w/ Chainfist

. Deathwing Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Assault Cannon, Power Fist

Sternguard Veteran Squad [90pts]

. Sternguard Veteran Sergeant: Sternguard Bolt Rifle

. 3x Sternguard Veteran w/ Bolt Rifle: 3x Close Combat Weapon, 3x Sternguard Bolt Pistol, 3x Sternguard Bolt Rifle

. Sternguard Veteran w/ Special Weapon: Sternguard Heavy Bolter

Terminator Assault Squad [185pts]

. Assault Terminator Sergeant: Twin Lightning Claws

. 2x Assault Terminators w/ Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield: 2x Storm Shield, 2x Thunder Hammer

. 2x Assault Terminators w/ Twin Lightning Claws: 2x Twin Lightning Claws

+ Vehicle +

Ballistus Dreadnought [140pts]

Land Raider [240pts

++ Total: [1,995pts] ++

First game against knights was a brutal affair but I managed to take down one big boy.

I had set up a beast of a charge with a reroll of the captain, ancient and a squad of termies but of course I failed twice. Lessons learnt is if I get in melee with knights they do fall.








Game 2 against Angry Ron and his world eaters with a Lord of Skulls. Ronnie boy got into the landraider with an advance and charge on turn 1! It did not go well but cap and his termie did take out lord of skulls who was parked on what became by vowed objective.













Game 3 was more knights with a couple of assassins. I was in with a chance on this game taking early points but the big guns of the knights took out my assets as I focused on killing rather than objectives.




Great friendly to get a feel for the Deathwing. I will tweak my list to capture those objectives.

I will drop the librarian and one unit of termies and add in Azrael and my new primaris size centurions I have converted. I was a little disappointed with the stern guard vets but they are one my favourite minis so am playing around with options.

One of the best performers was the chaplain with the assault terminators. Despite poor dice rolling on my behalf throughly the day, they always delivered some brutal outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment