Project Deathwatch has begun with the first unit being the Decimus Kill Team.
Unlike most Deathwatch armies, I decided to paint them in their chapter colours with the left arm the Deathwatch silver. Where a right shoulder pad had trim, this would be painted black along with any eagle / chest iconography.
Weapons would similarly be mainly black with bolt gun metal and some gold trim.
Although this is going to be a challenge, I like the idea of running a unique army and coming up with various paint scheme to match or somewhat align with each chapter’s colours.
I also decided to paint a little different and try deep colour for the line work and a little bit of the comic style feathering. This worked better in some than others but I am happy to give a new paint style a go.
I chose to assemble these bros as the Decimus as I wanted to run a five man unit with both the heavy bolter and the plasma incinerator.
I like the versatility of different weapons so I will need to study each weapons stats to allow for reasonably quick game play.
Of course the plasma had to be painted in Dark Angels colours.
I chose the shoulder pad of various chaptersI like the idea of painting. These are pretty common chapters but I look forward to trying some other lesser known dudes.
Base colours for each was black and then white primer.
Each power armour paint scheme mixed in various colours so I have tried to have each bro aligned with the paints I used.
Salamander sarge
Dark Angels plasma incineratorImperial Fist heavy bolter
Iron Hand thunder hammer
Ultramarine marksmen bolter
The next unit is a five man veteran squad and a chaplain with jet pack.











No comments:
Post a Comment