My first Chaplain on bike was a conversion of the old 7th edition ravenwing character but despite being on a sizeable tactical rock, still comes across a little undersized compared to my outriders.
This bro came courtesy of the excellent combat patrol magazine at one of the best discounts you will ever find on GW prices. No real conversions apart from the Dark Angels left shoulder pad and the ravenwing addition to the back of the bike both from their upgrade kit.
Painting followed the same approach as the earlier chappo with a limited mix of black / grey, dark green and red colours. Metal parts of the mini were painted using gun metal, silver and gold speed paints.
The base used Stirling mud and was highlighted with Vallejo earth, beasty brown and sand. The “rock” was a mix of greys over a black base coat. A couple of tuffs of grass broke up the base a little.
I am very happy with the finished skull helmet that was achieved with a mix of white, ivory and GW skeleton contrast paint.
When I run my Ravenwing, I always run a chaplain with a unit of outriders so now I can run two for double trouble for the enemies of the Unforgiven.






No comments:
Post a Comment