Saturday, 5 September 2026

Deathwatch Veterans

With five Deathwatch Veterans completed, it was time to add some more bros to take the unit to ten strong.

With the exception of the Gravis brother and his heavy bolter, the weapons were spares from the veterans kit.

I took advantage of the spares to add in two power weapons and Astartes shield for some melee punch. One bro stuck with the customisable bolter and the remaining vet went with a frag cannon using the hellstorm bolter and grenade launcher option from the vet sprue.

Although the  Gravis dude came from the tyranid attack game, the other marine bodies all came from the combat patrol magazine infernus marines. The vet weapons and shoulders fit nicely on these minis with a minimal amount of conversion required. The gravis left shoulder pad was removed and a deathwatch one added.


As is the case with this project, I chose shoulder pads from chapters I thought would be fun to paint and to come up with my own recipes for their power armour colours (see further below).



My favourite from these is probably the flesh tearer whose power armour came out really well with the basic approach of mephiston red and the druchii purple wash.

Beware the yellow and black attack of the Scythes of the Emperor. I will do a couple more of these bros in future units as I like the Stryper colour scheme. 

Sword and board with the Iron Snakes and Dolph the Red Scorpion.🦂 

Heavy attack time with the Crimson Fists.

With the veterans and Decimus kill team finished, next up is my Artemis and Fortis Kill Team using the marines from the Armageddon box

No comments:

Post a Comment