Painting started with a gold undercoat that would mean all that gold trim painting will be a little less painful. The red was a mix of velvet and blood red speed paints. I used a plasma red for the world eater cables and my usual yellow green mix for the other side.
To achieve the transition effect I followed the approach from my Landraider using the lighter gun metal and white air paints for the sections between the main colours.
With the face I chose a dark skin for the world eater and my usual pale skin for the Alpha Legion side.
I chose parts of the mini that would complement the transition effect whilst keeping the khorne and world eater symbols in their traditional colours of deep reds and gold/brass.
One of the parts on the mini I always liked was the skulls that feature prominently. Unlike the box paint scheme I painted these in whites and bone with a GW contrast skeleton horde paint.
As the height of chaos space marines have increased to match their primaris enemies, I based Azrakh on some cork / tactical rocks so his underlings won’t be looking down on him.
Game wise I will run him as a terminator lord as in a few issues time, the chaos termies will appear in the combat patrol magazine here in Australia.
I also finished painting the Haemotorope Reactor which Azrakh has claimed in the name of Angron or was it Alpharius or someone else.
I am really happy with the finished mini and am proud to call him one of my favourite miniatures.









No comments:
Post a Comment