Sunday 23 July 2023

Deathwing Landraider

For the next addition to my Dark Angels, I decided to paint up this second hand landraider I picked up.

It was a little banged up with a missing hatch for the storm bolder so I decided to go with a battle damaged grim dark paint scheme over the Deathwing colours.

This was my first time trying sponging for battle damage so hat used various browns and bolt gun metal to highlight the damage. I also tried some oil paints in some small areas.


The hatch was converted to look banged up and stuck in a half open state with some extra damage.  I like the finish to the vents on the back of the tank that give off a smoke stained look to complement the view that this tank is on its last legs (track) but won’t go down without a fight.


I am happy with the final model and will be trying the sponging battle damage on the leviathan box terminators next.

For a change here is a quick YouTube video for the 360 or so view.

Here is a pic of my growing Deathwing bros.



No comments:

Post a Comment