Sunday 14 May 2023

Chaos Lord of Nurgle

With less than a week before a 2000 point WAP tournament, I have finished this Lord of Nurgle to lead my Death Guard Warriors of Chaos.

The model uses parts of the Lord Felthius with a suitably Nurgle head swap. 

The weapon is a black orc axe with the orc symbols hacked off. As I will be using this bro as Valnir the Reaper, I added the chain to represent his flail.

The left arm is a mix of a Nurgle mutation and a length of spiky mutation from a tzeentch kit.

Painting used death guard green with lots of brown and skin washes. The boils are a yellow green with red base. Since I liked how the boils came out I used the same scheme for his “eye”.

I used a deep red on his cloak to differentiate him from the others in the army who tend to stick with leather and brown for their cloth.

As my death guard infantry are oversized tor their bases, I decided to put him on the column as the size of his terminator armour meant there was no way he was fitting on a 25mm base.

I am very happy with how he came out and as I have been unable to fit in any practice games I don’t know how we will go but at least he looks cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment