Friday 22 December 2023

Grim Dark Plasma Conduits

Some more 40K terrain is finished with these plasma conduits.


I wanted them to be grim and sludgy with the only “clean” areas the plasma sections. 

I used a silver spray to start followed by a brass spray in sections. I find will assist with the rust look later in. Cables were painted gold and piping used a gun metal speed paint. The barrels and occasional other pipes used a mix of reds.

The wash was a watered down brown oil paint and flesh wash. This was an old mix so needed a good stir but this ended up giving certain sections a more rustic look. The wash was applied across the minis with the exception of the coils. 

After it was dry, an extra dry brush with a silver paint was applied on random areas.


I even tried my hand at a bit of source lighting with blue spray paint used on the coils and the surrounding area.


Lots of blue and white followed by an old gw blue glaze and I am pretty happy with the outcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment